Injury Attorney in Valdosta - Roger J. Dodd
Serving Clients with Accident Insurance, & related Personal Injury Claims
A Board Certified Criminal Trial Specialist and Civil Trial Specialist, trial attorney Roger Dodd has represented clients in legal matters since 1976. Mr. Dodd has been a lecturer, expert witness, and teacher in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Russia, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, and various Caribbean locations (comprehensive map with all locations of Mr. Dodd's lectures).
Mr. Dodd is a frequent guest and commentator on television programs, including Court TV, Good Morning America, Geraldo at Large, and is co-author of Cross-Examination: Science and Techniques. He is one of a select group of attorneys to receive the distinguished Super Lawyer rating in multiple states.
Mr. Dodd is also a partner in the Jacksonville, Florida plaintiff law firm Spohrer & Dodd P.A.
The majority of Mr. Dodd's practice focuses on:
- Serious or catastrophic personal injuries
- Trucking cases
- Medical malpractice
- Aviation accidents
- Wrongful death
Noteworthy awards and recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America (1991-present)
- AV®Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatedSM
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- Georgia Super Lawyers (2004 to the present)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2009 to the present)
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in the World
Admissions and professional memberships
Mr. Dodd was admitted to practice law in Georgia in 1976 and in Florida in 1977. He is also admitted to all applicable state and U.S. Courts, the Armed Forces Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is an advocate for the American Board of Trial Advocacy (ABOTA). His present and past faculty positions include positions with the—
- National Criminal Defense College (1986-present)
- Georgia Institute of Trial Advocacy (1986-1991)
- Advanced Cross Examination—National Criminal Defense College
Mr. Dodd is a member of many organizations, including the:
A co-author of the bestseller Cross-Examination: Science and Techniques, some of Mr. Dodd's other publications include—
- Media Skills: The Lawyer as Spokesperson, 2008
- Cross-Examination Skills for Law Students, 2008
- "How to Cage a Runaway Witness" The Witness Chair, 2007
- "The Chapter Method of Cross Examination" The Champion, 1994
- "Innovation Techniques: Parlor Tricks for the Courtroom" Trial, ATLA, April 1990
Mr. Dodd is heavily involved in charitable activities—including Kidski and The Boys and Girls Club of Valdosta—and is on the Caregivers Network Leadership Council. He is a member of the Select Advisory Board of Valwood School and has run private training courses for a number of entities, including Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering, the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, the U.S. Department of Defense, the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, and the F.B.I. He is the father of two children.