Seperaton Law
Seperaton Law
Dodd's Cross Examination

Valdosta Separation Lawyers

Deciding to dissolve a marriage is a huge step, and one that affects your whole family. Valdosta separation lawyers at Dodd & Burnham, PC can explain how Georgia law views legal separation, the steps involved in securing an order for "separation maintenance," and how to decide if a legal separation is the right option for you. Separation maintenance agreements allow parties to:

  • Resolve issues such as alimony, custody, and division of property
  • Keep many benefits such as medical coverage, insurance, and tax advantages
  • Settle without taking the legal actions to actually get a divorce

For some couples, a legal separation is preferable to divorce for religious or financial reasons, or to allow time for reconciliation. It is critical that you seek the advice of an experienced attorney who understands what separation maintenance is, and in what situations it should be used.

Separation Agreement Law | Waycross | Tifton | Thomasville

We bring over 30 years of experience in separation agreement law to Valdosta, Waycross, Tifton and Thomasville clients considering a separation or divorce. With extensive backgrounds in representing South Georgia clients, our separation lawyers know the law, and can vigorously represent your interests in all issues involved in an order for separation, or in a full divorce proceeding. If and when you choose to initiate legal actions, we know the value of mediation and litigation, and can advise you on which path will work best before you. Our separation lawyers in Waycross, Tifton and Thomasville are skilled at guiding clients and their families through all of the turmoil of separation and divorce. At Dodd & Burnham, our attorneys are valuable allies in securing the best possible outcome for your marital situation.

If you are considering a separation maintenance agreement, contact the Valdosta law firm of Dodd & Burnham for a free initial consultation at 229.242.4470, or use our website's Contact Us form for a prompt response.

Do I Have A Case?