What To Do After An Accident
Dodd & Burnham has nearly 50 years of combined legal experience representing victims of accidents in South Georgia and beyond. We understand your fears and concerns, both legally and practically. We will guide you through the process so you know what to expect and your interests are protected.
Steps To Take After A Crash
Emotions and adrenaline run high after an accident. It is important to know what steps to take after being in a motor vehicle accident. Do you know what to do after an accident?
Listed below is a list of steps to take after being in an accident:
- Stay at the scene of the accident. Wait for law enforcement and/or emergency medical attention. Do not leave.
- Call for medical attention if anyone is hurt.
- Call the police and report the accident.
- Exchange information with other drivers.
- If able, obtain information from any witnesses to the crash.
- Notify your insurance company.
- Document your medical injuries.
Only talk to your doctor and attorney about your accident. Insurance companies and other individuals do not have your best interests in mind. They are not your friend. We can address your concerns and protect your rights after an accident. We will work hard to obtain the best resolution for you under the facts and circumstances of your case.
Contact Us For Advice
Personal injury lawsuits need to be handled by experienced attorneys. We are experienced trial lawyers who are dedicated to helping victims of accidents understand their rights and explore all of their legal options.